Sunday, January 18, 2015

Blessings

This week has overflowed with blessings. 
I taught at a workshop in Putney, VT with artist Sadelle Wiltshire. We taught some wonderful people the arts of Gelli-printing and tangling.
My daughters were busy running around during their final week of winter break. They head back to school, but before they go, they are tidying up loose ends. It's great to see them working together and dealing with their responsibilities. I am going to miss them.
I did a radio interview as Alex Ashe for WTNK. The radio host, Ben Sarro, was fabulous and fun on air (and off). I was nerved up before the spot, but at ease during it because of his professionalism.
I've been keeping up with my daily sketches and word "accept" for 2015. It's not difficult, but it does require constant effort. Hopefully,  I'll be able to make it into a habit soon enough.
I've taken on a list of jobs for the next three months. I am excited, a little nerved up and pleased that my efforts have been paying off. Now, to get to work on them.
I'm working on my tennis game. It's a never ending process and I'm learning to accept that. It's no different than learning anything else for me. I have a long way to go and I remind myself of the progress I make in order to not get discouraged.
When things get rough, instead of saying "Why me?", say "Try me!


No comments: