Sunday, February 01, 2015

Blessings

As we begin the second month of 2015, I am grateful for so many things.
Last week, I fractured my ankle. It's been 10 days and with each day comes improvement. I started physical therapy and am feeling more confident and active.
February is the month of birthdays for my nieces and nephews. I've been busy scouting toy stores for the big days!

We were blessed to have our (soon-to-be) three-year-old niece spend a few days with us this week. It's been 17 years since we had a little one running around. I loved hearing her sing along to Disney songs, watch her find peace in brush painting, supply her with a bathtub full of toys, and see her eyes light up when she spoke to her mother on the phone. She saw me drawing in my art journal and asked to do her own. I quickly got out her own supplies (that I just happened to have on hand) and gave them to her. I noticed her doing her drawings and singing to herself while I was making dinner.
A cat's life. Basking in front of the fire during a blizzard
Two snow days for these college students. 26 inches of snow and still smiling
We survived the multiple snow storms this week and are expecting more this week. It's been a lot of shoveling, complaining about the cold and ice, and even a couple of falls. It reminds me of how much I love the warmth of the sun.
The masks that I made for the Blackbird Festival were used and here's a photo of them in action. I'm grateful that one of the organizers sent me a photo of the performance.

I made this care package for my sister's flight. it was a big deal from her to be away from her little one, so I wanted her to know that we were thinking of her.

No comments: