Sunday, March 01, 2015

Blessings

February 2015 has come to an end and we inch closer to Spring. Happy March!
Like the snow in New England, blessings abound:
A friend sent me this image to remind me that spring is coming... and if it doesn't, we have means to cope.
My sister received the care package that we sent to her boys! Not only was it fantastic that it arrived (and nothing short of a miracle, due to the Italian post) but the gorgeous hand-knit baby blanket and Elephant "Tino" arrived as well... in great shape. Ashley designed them, knit them without a pattern and selected the softest yarn she could find.
And here is the image that melted our hearts: Sleeping Sam with his new blankie.
Jonathan and I went to our favorite Indian restaurant and had a feast. The food is utterly delicious, spiced perfectly, and the staff always spoils us. Plus, the company was fantastic.
I'm busy working on two paintings for the Gallery Show in March. It's challenging and a bit scary -- but I'm going to do it.

Allie was inducted into the Order of The Engineer for her work as a computer engineer and degree in engineering. It's an honor that marks engineers as identifiable by the simple ring on their pinky finger. I like to tease her about wearing cloak and having a secret handshake. As you can imagine, I am the only one that finds that amusing.
 It's hard to believe it, but this little girl is already 3 years old and interviewed for preschool!
She got in! Her mom called to tell me that Ellie will be a Berwick Bulldog next year. Her parents are thrilled. I never doubted it for a moment. This little child is brilliant and the school will be lucky to have her.
I am grateful to have been part of Journal52, the weekly online art journal prompting phenomenon. I've talked to so many talented ladies. Thank you all for reaching out to me!
Jon and I went to a Charity Dinner on Friday and created a "New England Breakfast" gift basket for the silent auction. (I'll post about that later in the week). Jon looked so handsome. 
It's been 5 weeks since I fractured my ankle and I'm back on the tennis court and running again. Yay! It's not back to normal, but I'm back, so my ankle better catch up! Truthfully, I am taking it very cautiously. I wear a solid brace and high top sneakers for support, so I feel like I'm wearing ski boots on the clay. I've continued with physical training exercises to strengthen it. I only wish my body was as tough as my will or as my husband would say, "as stubborn"...  To that, I say, "If the tennis shoe fits, get out and play."


No comments: