Saturday, March 07, 2015

Daily Sketches: Seashells

Seashell #2 was a fun conical shell that I love to find on the beach. I modified the bottom one with additional color and texture. 

Seashell #3 is my favorite, a sand dollar. They are greenish gray, if you are lucky enough to find them on the beach. I have never found one intact! People bleach them or let the sun bleach them to give the beautiful, familiar white shape.

 Seashell #4 is a beautiful spotted shell. I added some color and texture to the bottom one.

Seashell #5 is a starfish or sea star. I added yellow-orange color to the bottom one.

Seashell #6 is a traditional pink shell. I added more color and texture to the bottom one.

Seashell #7 is a pretty fluted shell that you might see made in frosting on the sides of a cake. They are beautiful and simple. I aded speckles and yellow to the bottom one.

No comments: