Sunday, May 17, 2015

Blessings

This week has been full of blessings.
Ashley finished up her junior year at Boston University and was accepted into the Master's Degree Program for Chemistry! She has another great semester and has another tough year ahead of her. But, she is home for the summer now!
To celebrate her return, my father took us to a fun, celebratory breakfast in town. It was nice to try out the new place in town with my dad and Ashley. It was relaxed and yummy. Thank you, Dad!
I had a great week playing tennis with friends and my hitting partner. I worked on footwork and intensity, which left me exhausted. I love that feeling.
I had lunch with some tennis friends and at the end of the lunch, the waitress informed us that the town was under a Boil Order! She apologized and explained that she couldn't serve any more ice, salads, etc. Luckily, (so luckily) the Boil Order was lifted 2 days later and there were no side effects. Aside from the scare, lunch was a lot of laughs.
I had dinner and lunch with a great friend and more laughs ensued. (Even some about the risky previous day's lunch).
My oldest graduated!
She walked the stage and accepted her diploma, along with her friends. I kept it together during the ceremony, but at the end, when the graduates exited the building, it was all I could do not to cry. It was so emotional, so hard to just breathe. We're so proud of her and know that she's worked very hard to get where she is. I am so blessed to have her as my baby.
We met her friends and their families, who were also there to support their graduates. It was truly amazing to see such talented young men and women, just starting their professional lives. (I'll do a post on the big day later in the week.)
We tried another flavor of Angry Orchard Cider - Hop'n Mad and liked it. It has notes of citrus and is gluten-free.

No comments: