Sunday, July 26, 2015

Blessings

As July comes to an end, I am grateful for another week of blessings. 
I have been swamped with projects, work, and hobbies. I love to be busy and feel like I've have plenty to do keep me busy. It's a good feeling.
I was in contact with some long distance friends. It warms my heart to know that they are thinking of me, poking fun, and staying in touch with me.
I've been helping a good friend with a surprise party for her sweetheart. I can't wait to see his reaction and take fun in the festivities.
I've been writing. I'm in the thick of it and this is such a favorite time of the process for me. I think, sleep, dream, and unconsciously consider parts of the story, characters, and themes. It's like a movie happening in my mind and I get lost in the fantasy world. My eyes may dry up, I get buried in characters who don't exist, and I don't see my family for hours at a time, but I love every part of it! The next book should be out in the fall and I really, really, love this character and her adventures.
I cooked red snapper that Allie and John caught in the Gulf of Mexico. It was the first time I cooked this fish and it was delicious. Red snapper is a very clean tasting fish, very little fish oil taste, not steak like, not tough. I sautéed it in olive oil after pressing the pieces in a breadcrumb/ Parmesan topping. It cooked for only 3 minutes per side (approximately 1" thick fish) and it was delicious with a crispy crust and tender flesh.
Allie and I went shopping to get her some things for her business trip. I found these little gems on sale and knew they were for me. They wrap around the ankle and tie on around my shin. They are colorful and bold.

No comments: