Sunday, August 16, 2015

Blessings

This week has been full of blessings.
I had the good fortune of playing tennis with a 74 year-old fabulous partner! He was brilliant, good natured, and had incredible fashion sense. It was a great match for both of us.
The girls and I found a bagel shop that we love. I even had a bialy. I haven't had one in years.
We went to dinner with our good friends. We laughed and laughed.
Jon and I played tennis with a good set of friends. It was another fun day and each time I come off the court, I realize how lucky we are.
I spoke with some long distance friends, which brought a smile to my face.
My tennis partner returned from her summer in Wisconsin. We've made arrangements to play again and I can't wait.

In February, Jon and I bought tickets for the four of us to go see Weird Al Yankovic. We were sent our email reminder and informed of a costume party before the concert. We decided to go as Weird Al and the Foil Girls from the Foil music video. We had so much fun! The girls and I assembled the matching costumes, did make-up and helped Jon get ready. When we arrived at the party, people smiled, giggled, and wanted their picture taken with us! The concert was tremendous. Weird Al is such a talented and gracious performer. It was one of the best nights of the summer!




No comments: