Sunday, September 06, 2015

Blessings

"The root of joy is gratefulness." -David Steindl-Rast
This week has been full of blessings. In a bittersweet day, Allie and Ashley returned to Boston. Ashley is starting her final year at Boston University and Allie is starting her first year in the workforce full time.
 We packed the FJ and trekked south.
 The girls were packed in tightly.
But, we made it.
Before we left, they helped their grandparents move and acquired some new (old) clothes.
Jon and I went back to help move things and managed to put a grandfather clock and wall mounted clock into my car. We moved it to it's new home. It was nothing short of a miracle.
Jon and I had a great dinner at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants.
The weather this week has been exquisite. Sunshine and blue skies for the final week of summer.
My father gave me a delicious birthday lunch - roasted peppers, burrata, and Toma. So delicious!

No comments: