Sunday, December 20, 2015

Blessings

Christmas week is a great time to count my blessings.
Our girls are home for the winter break. It may be a short one, but they are here and I am thrilled to see them in their chairs, at the table, and around the house.
They picked out and picked up our Christmas tree. Now, it sits in our living room, awaiting lights to be strung and halls to be decked. The smells of pine permeates the house and it's very Christmasy.

We had our first snowfall on Saturday and sure enough, it was treacherous in town with the highway closed for a while due to black ice. Luckily, no one was seriously injured.
I did some final Christmas shopping with a great friend in Kittery, Maine. We had a great time, lots of laughs, and even a few bargains.
I played a lot of tennis last week, with one day playing 4 hours straight. I had the opportunity to play with an old doubles partner and we had a great time together.
Jon was away on a work trip and I was thrilled when he returned home safely.

No comments: