Thursday, December 17, 2015

Project: Gelli Printed Paper Chain

Gelli Printed Paper Chain

Here's a project to use all those fabulous Gelli prints we've made through the year. This is a simple take on an old project made at elementary schools, kindergartens, and preschools. A colorful version of the paper chain. To make it a bit more adult (but no more difficult) I simply took out some of my old Gelli-prints in my favorite colors for Christmas this year, aqua.
 I made these prints on legal size paper, 8.5 x 14 (instead of 8.5 x 11) but any size paper will do, just modify it accordingly. I cut the paper into 2" strips, but any size strip will do.
Then I used a Martha Stewart border punch and transformed the strips into paper lace by punching the decorative edge along the length on both sides.
I cut the strips in half, so they were each 7" long. I adhered double stick tape to one end and made a paper ring.
Then I added another strip around the first one… and repeated. I just need to punch a hundred more to make a garland!

No comments: