Saturday, December 12, 2015

Project: Painted Wooden Ornament - Part 3

Painted Wooden Ornaments - Part 3

I painted a few more wooden ornaments with the same blue paint and gold technique that I did with blue fish. Part 1 can be found herePart 2 can be found here.
 First I painted both sides of the wooden snowfall with turquoise paint. Then I added a few brushstrokes of white paint.
I pounced on some gold flecks and then varnished the ornament.
 I did the same thing with the numbers 2 and 5, which I attached using wood glue. I added a screw eye in the top for hanging.
 I did some faux gingerbread ornaments using wooden shapes as well... The basic premise is the same. Instead of blue paint, I used a brown that I mixed with some burgundy to make a gingerbread color. I then added some white brush strokes, so the ornaments wouldn't look flat.
I painted on some feathers, some white icing trim and then varnished the ornaments.

No comments: