Monday, January 18, 2016

Art for the New Year

Last year, I did a Sketch a Day where I chose a monthly theme and drew sketches for each day. I find that doing artwork is rewarding and it allows me to calm my mind and focus. For 2016, I'd like to continue with daily artwork, but instead of working on completing a sketch a day, my goal is to work on a sketch for as many days as it will take to complete.
Jon gave me a large sketchbook for Christmas and I was so excited to start adding pages. It's perfect for colored pencils, so I started with a swimming turtle. I used prismacolor pencils and worked in shading, highlights and shadows. I like to do large sketches and have them as the focus of the page. In this sketch, I wanted the shell to be unusually colored, so I used purples, pinks, and oranges.


No comments: