Sunday, February 14, 2016

Blessings

"It is not happy people who are thankful. It is thankful people who are happy."
This week has been full of blessings.
I had two tough tennis matches this week and two fantastic partners. I was so happy to have been on the court with these great women, A & C.
Jon and I played a great mixed doubles match. We've been taking lessons for a year now and it's so rewarding to see us making some progress.
 My instructor played in an Exhibition Match with three other high end players. It was so fun to watch them play tennis. I loved taking pictures of the match.
Jon and I went to a large dinner with tennis friends at a local restaurant. It was fun to see everyone off the court and share laughs and stories.

I had to do some research for my latest book. It involved staking out a spot and observing traffic during a 90 minute period at night. I needed some stats for the detective character and let me tell you, stake outs are very dull. But, I did learn a lot. 
This little angel turns 4 years old soon! We sent her some pony legos and she and her mom got to work setting them up. What a cutie pie!
 The same little girl's mom became a cake decorator and made this adorable horse cake! Didn't my sister do a great job! The horsey cake is perfect!
I made this logo for one of my tennis teams. One of my friends had it embroidered and it's going to be put on towels! I love it..
Sending warm hugs to my family and friends who are facing an arctic chill these past few days. Spring is coming... bundle up and hang on.

No comments: