Sunday, February 28, 2016

Blessings

This week has been full of blessings.
Last Sunday, Jon and I completed our pool training for our scuba certification. We were beyond exhausted when it was complete. We spent over 3 hours in the pool and between completing the swim test, donning the equipment, using the regulator for hours, I was spent. We hobbled out to our car and were starving, exhausted, and exhilarated.
My tennis partner and I had a great match on Tuesday. There were some hiccups along the way, but we managed to stay positive and pull out a victory. Allyson is a great partner and we get better the longer we play together.
Jon and I went to dinner with our good friends and had a great time. Jimmy, the chef, made a special sushi roll for the night. Fun dinner with fun friends.
Two of my tennis teammates celebrated birthdays this week, so we al got together and had a fun lunch for them. Time passed very quickly.
I started working with a new trainer and love it. Katie has a different approach from what I'm familiar with. It's great and refreshing to change up my normal weight lifting routine.
Jon and I visited with his parents. His mother, who had surgery late last year, has been doing so well. She looked lovely, strong, and healthy. We are so grateful for her progress. She has a whole new attitude and is working each day to walk further. She went from struggling to walk across the room, to now walking over a mile. Hard work pays off.






1 comment:

Robbie said...

Yep, it sounds like your week was full of blessings!!! congrats on the scuba certification!