Sunday, June 26, 2016

Blessings

"If a fellow isn't thankful for what he's got, he isn't likely to be thankful for what he's going to get." Frank A. Clark
This week has been full of blessings and while I was busy working I took a moment to appreciate them.
I spent time with my youngest daughter, who is busy doing her own work. She cracked jokes and made me laugh at the mundane tasks of life.
I finished up one painting, The Pelican on a Post, and started my next one. I feel great enjoyment from working on the artwork.
I played tennis with friends and struggled to find my game this week. That's the way it goes, sometimes, but I was grateful to be playing. Even if it was poorly.
I had dinner with a good friend who is going through a rough patch. It was difficult to see her in pain and I hope I could offer her comfort.
I am busy working on some recipes and menus for the Fourth of July. I enjoy the planning process.

No comments: