Sunday, August 28, 2016

Blessings

This week has been full of blessings.
Labor Day is next weekend, the unofficial end to summer. It's hard to believe another season has passed.
I was caught outside returning a shopping cart in a giant parking lot when the winds picked up and the rain began to pelt down. Cars were driving erratically, like they do in any parking lot, but with the quick weather change, it seemed worse. A driver saw me cautiously waiting by the carts and stopped his car, so I could cross safely in the rain. That little act of kindness was so appreciated!
My friend and I were taking an art class together. She has no art experience and is very insecure about her process. The instructor was careful, patient, and thoughtful with her. It made me feel good to see my friend be able to set her feelings aside and enjoy the process. I was grateful that we had such a great instructor.
My dear friend called me up in the late afternoon and told me she had a rough day and needed a burger. She wanted the biggest, juiciest, greasiest burger we could find. At first, I thought she wanted me to cook her one! She laughed and asked me if I knew a place where we could go. I hesitated, and told her I did, but it wasn't going to be pretty. She told me that was exactly what she needed! So, we went to a place called "Dead Bob's". And the burger hit the spot. The funny part of this is that the burger is almost bigger than my friend!
Since I spend so much time in the sun playing tennis, I'm always looking for proper sun protection. I also have to be diligent about seeing a dermatologist for any skin spots, etc. I asked about sunscreens, because the latest news report showed that few drugstore sunscreens were effective. He suggested two: one for my face and one for my body. He warned me that because of the ingredients, they would be pricey. The run around $35 per bottle. I decided to give it a try and bought a bottle of each. So far, the sunscreens have prevented any burns in the August sun and I have no skin reactions.



No comments: