Saturday, August 06, 2016

Currently Working On

I've got a few irons in the fire, so to speak...
Working on a costume for ComicCon. Recognize "Enchantress" from Suicide Squad? Well, I'm getting there. I have a long wig, modified the costume some more, and am plotting the makeup for Sunday.
But, before that, I'm making a Black Forest Cake for Saturday. Black Forest Cakes are stunning - whipped cream, fresh cherries, Kirsch flavor, chocolate cake, chocolate shavings... 
I'm continuing on my painting of a Roseate Spoonbill. I saw one in the mangroves last Sunday and was thrilled to see the, somewhat rare, bird in person.
I'm also working on a mermaid crown. I just love the beauty of shells and the crown is a perfect way to display them. I'm mixing in some beads and painting some shells to make it all cohesive.

1 comment:

Bonnie B. says said...

You certainly are all over the map but in a great way. Do you have an occasion for the crown? or is it just for when you're feeling like exerting the queenliness of your realmness? A good reminder of who's in charge. Make sure to fashion a trident in case you have to get your point across.