Sunday, September 04, 2016

Blessings

Another week, another opportunity to count my blessings.
As Hurricane Hermine roared up Florida and the east coast, my friends and family called to check on me. It was a thoughtful gesture and it was much appreciated. I felt loved.
One of my tennis friends invited me over to help show me the ropes on glass fusing. Vicki is a talented glass artist and was so informative and kind to help me. We had a great time together.
My friends and I "our tennis foursome" played our last practice match of the summer. We spent weeks practicing, laughing, and occasionally going to lunch.
My sister sent me an adorable photo of her son, whom she took to work, before his new school year started. It was such a cute photo of a little boy beaming with pride at being with his mama, "like a big boy". It makes me so happy to see my nieces and nephews as they grow up.
I spent hours working on a painting this week. It was so rewarding to create something on a large scale. I loved working on the 24 x 30 painting.


No comments: