Monday, September 12, 2016

Seeing What is Right Before My Eyes

“In case of doubt, push on just a little further and then keep on pushing.” 
~ General George S Patton, Jr.
I was having a rough time and was feeling discouraged and alone. I went for a walk to try and clear my head. I was hoping my thoughts would settle and I would either become distracted by other things or I'd be too tired to keep thinking about my situation.
I looked up and saw this gorgeous design in the sand. A mandala made of crushed bark!
It must have been over 8 feet in diameter, maybe closer to 10.
How? Why? Who did this?
It was beautiful. Just mesmerizing. I snapped a picture, immediately, for fear that it would get ruined or the sun would set.... and then I admired it. I gazed at the beautiful shapes, the circles, the concentric shapes. I wondered why someone would make this?
Was it just because they could? Was it for a ceremony? Was it just because it was too beautiful not to make?
I was in awe. How lucky was I to stumble upon this? I was grateful that it was here and that I was able to share in it's beauty. Someone created this for their own reasons and then left it here.
And I took it all in. I knew it wasn't made for me, and yet, I was able to enjoy this and experience it's artistry. For that moment it was all for me. It was a blessing and without realizing it, I smiled.

No comments: