Thursday, October 06, 2016

Blessings

"The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away." Pablo Picasso

The last week has been difficult with a family emergency. Even though the days were long, stressful, and depleting, there were blessings among the hardships. The struggle was to see the blessings, but each time I noticed them, I was inflated and my soul soared.
Small acts of decency buoyed me and made it possible for me to survive ten hours in a hospital room supporting a family member.
I was grateful for the kindness that was shown to me and my family.
I was grateful for the internet and the information I could access.
I was grateful for the state of medical care my mother-in-law received.
I was grateful that she recovered quickly.
I was grateful for her strength.
I am grateful that the emergency is over.

No comments: