Sunday, October 16, 2016

Blessings

I am so blessed.
This week, I was able to count my blessings each day.
My mother-in-law has been home and is improving each day. At 88 years old, it is a blessing to have her with us, but to see her growing stronger, I am so thankful.
My daughters returned north after their visit. I was so grateful to see them in person and admire the young women they have become.
Ashley, on the far right, competed again in Brazilian jujitsu and along with her teammates, took home  a medal!
My tennis partners and I had a great week and had some very challenging matches, but strategized and prevailed. It was such a feeling of accomplishment.
Jonathan and I walked on the beach. At one point, Jon noticed two young boys who had lost their ball in a puddle. He recognized that they were throwing sand to get the ball out of the puddle, so they wouldn't get their shoes wet. He went and retrieved their ball and I was impressed with his thoughtfulness.
Jonathan and I went dancing. Well, to quote Jon, "We don't dance, but sway to the music." I had a great time and we swayed and he even twirled me twice! Very, very fun!
I'm working on a couple of projects that are keeping me busy and challenged. I am thankful for my ability to enjoy the process.

No comments: