Sunday, October 23, 2016

Blessings

This has been a rough week and I could use a reminder of my blessings.
I was blessed by the compassion of friends who lent an ear and a kind word. Talking with them helped me reset my sails.
My mother-in-law went for a post surgery recheck and received good news.
I've been finishing up some art projects and enjoying the process.
I increased my workout schedule and feel strong and lean.
I tried a new salad, which I hope to recreate, with roasted beets, roasted butternut squash and a maple vinaigrette. It was delicious.
I started a series of glass fusing projects in preparation for Christmas.
I made some Oreo Cupcakes for a friend's dinner. They came out great and I just love baking and making my own recipes.
I am blessed with family, near and far, who bring a smile to my face and a chuckle to my belly. They remind me of the saying, "Families are like fudge: Mostly sweet, with a few nuts."

No comments: