Monday, October 17, 2016

What I'm Working On...

I tend to have a few projects in the works at a time, called "WIP's" or works in progress. I'm most happy when I can work on a project and even happier when I can finish it. Currently, I'm working with a Halloween theme, so most of my projects reflect that.
I've sketching different ways to use my pumpkin cookie cutter. I trace the shape onto kraft paper and then draw different ways to decorate the same cutter. As you can see, this is ongoing.
I've got spiders on the brain, so I sketched out some different ideas. Hopefully, something will come to me to tie it altogether.
 
I'm working on painting some paper mache pumpkins. I am having a great deal of success with this project and am looking forward to showing the results and process soon.
I found this Day of the Dead mask at Jo-Ann Fabrics in the children's art section. It was a thin basswood cut out, about the size that would fit a 4-5 year old child. I brought it home, gessoed it and immediately started to add fun layers. It's almost done.


No comments: