Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Wooden Spiders for Halloween

 Spiders on Halloween are considered good luck. It means the spirit of a loved one is watching over you. I always thought that spiders were used for Halloween because so many people are scared of them. What better decoration!
I found these wooden spiders at the craft store. They're made of thin wood and are perfectly flat. I traced the outline of the spider and made a sketch and started to paint with acrylic paint. 
Acrylic paint dries quickly, so I could add lots of layers. I added a first coat of a tan color, then outlined the spider with black. I painted the back side with solid black, and made the front side like the drawing.
 Here's a close up of the front of the spider.
 And here's a fun mosaic.
I made a few of them... and added a ghost spider for the leader of my spider army!
And coincidentally, my nephew was busy drawing his own spiders at the same time! I love the face and the many, many legs. I bet his spider is very fast!

No comments: