Sunday, March 05, 2017

Blessings


“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”
Robert Brault
 My daughters and I started doing a circle journal in 2017. We each get the book for a few weeks, add something to the theme, and send it to the next person. We've done one cycle and now it's my turn again. It's a way to keep in touch with them, doing art, like we used to do when they were young kids.
 I found some new gel pens and tore them out of the package. When they fell on the blanket, I loved how colorful they looked, so I arranged them in a fun way and snapped a pic. It makes me happy.
Our tennis team had a small celebration for our late captain, the lovely Linda. One of my teammates gave each of us a yellow rose in honor of Linda. It was so thoughtful.
 As a team, we also decided to get something we can keep in our tennis bags to remind us of Linda. I ordered some embroidered towels with Linda's initial and a racquet.
 Due to the unseasonably warm weather, experts are predicting a shortage of maple syrup this season, so I stocked up.
 My crazy daughters and their crazy friends are continuing with their weekly Polar Plunge in the Boston water. OMG. This picture was from February 26th!
My tennis was a roller coaster of play this week. Three tough matches, lots of emotions on the court, and lots of pressure. Tennis is about staying focused when it's darn near impossible and this week was no exception.
Our tennis pro (and my friend) had a Ladies Social Round Robin on Friday. Over 28 women attended and it was so much fun!

No comments: